Why smell?

I imagine that this blog is more for me than it is for anyone. Writing is my passion, and this is an outlet. However, I understand that life is not limited to my experience only. The things that God brings me through, the situations He steers me around, the choices that He helps me make, and the ways in which He makes me grow, are all events that may help a fellow Christian.

So I hope that this blog is a help to you. I hope it encourages you. I hope it challenges you. I hope it blesses you. I hope it makes you laugh and think. Mostly, I hope that it helps you on your journey towards Christ-likeness.

In my failures may you find warnings; in my successes, helps; in my pain, empathy; in my joys, happiness; in my journey, a companion.

God bless...

may we all have the smell of excellence...the smell of Christ.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

First

God has been doing a lot in my life lately. I have needed it for some time. I am going to keep this short, frankly, because I don't really have much to say at the moment. I really hope that you can find some use for this blog...I hope that it can be a blessing.

I like this idea of first. I enjoy reading articles on Fox Sports, scrolling down to the comments section, and seeing it blazing like the sun: "first!" I always wonder what prize is attached to being the first to post. What is really great is when the poster has their profile blocked. No one can see who was first anyway.

I think that I do that a lot in my own life. I sit by and look for opportunities to be at the top of things that do not really matter at all. I go the extra mile, and if no one notices, I draw their attention to the fact. It is funny, because I even have this thought process that I go through. For example, the other night I cleaned the living room and the kitchen while Erin was away. I told myself that I was not going to say anything to her about it because I had done it to be kind, not to be thanked. Not more than five minutes after she got home, I blurted out, "did you see everything I cleaned?" It was bothering me that much that she had not said anything. It was my way of saying: FIRST!

I think that God knows when I'm "first" and when I'm not. I am afraid that I oftentimes lose the blessing from Him when I pridefully seek the gratitude of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment